Effective Date: May 24, 2018
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us: As you browse the Medigraytion website pages, we collect information you provide to us which includes:
- if you purchase services, (for example, your credit card information) your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our Customer Service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, taste preferences, account settings, set preferences in Your Account, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere;
- any information you may voluntarily provide us over the phone, in email, or in participation in web conferences.
When you send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in Medigraytion services, Medigraytion may collect the information such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Medigraytion will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service or for anti-fraud purposes.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information: We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service. We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following is an example of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We collect details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings.
- We collect device IDs or other unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
- What are cookies? Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization.Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with Medigraytion. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the Medigraytions service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies use information about your visit to this and other websites, such as the pages you visit, your use of our service or your response to ads and emails, to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “Interest-Based Advertising.” Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
- California “Do Not Track” disclosures: At this time, we do not respond to Web browser “do not track” signals.
- How Does Medigraytion use Web Beacons and other Technologies? Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as to understand and enhance the use of our service, improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site, and understand interactions with our marketing (including email and online ads on third party sites). Because web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons.We use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of our service. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
Use of Information
We also use information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide you with customized and personalized recommendations for products we think will be helpful, determine your Internet service provider, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications text messaging, and online messaging channels), so that we can send you news about Medigraytion, details about new features and content available on Medigraytion, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
- Medigraytion does not sell to third parties information you have submitted to this site that identifies you personally.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
- Social plugins (including those offered by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google) allow you to share information on those platforms.
Retention of Information
- In general, we keep your personal information throughout your relationship with us.
- Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request, or, if you terminate your account and your personal information is purged pursuant to our standard purge process.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our services.
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Additional Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Your Data Protection Rights
- You may request access to or ask us to correct, update, or delete your personal information. You can update account information by logging into your online account and updating your contact and profile information. However, if you don’t have an account with us or want to contact us directly about accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting your personal information or changing your marketing preferences, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below in Contact Us. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided in Contact Us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority (contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include: improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, content, and services; ensuring the security of the services; and conducting marketing activities.
- If you have signed up for the services on your own behalf, we may need your personal information to perform a contract with you. In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
- Where required by law, we will collect your personal information only where we have your consent to do so.
- If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
International Data Transfers
- The services are operated in the United States. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States (including in the EEA), please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to the laws of the United States.
Access to Your Account and Profiles
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the Medigraytion service, we use technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the Medigraytion service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box “Remember me on this device” when you log in to the website.
To remove access to your Medigraytion account from your devices: (a) visit “Your Account”, choose “Sign out of all devices,” and follow the instructions to deactivate your devices (note, deactivation may not occur immediately) or (b) delete your Medigraytion settings from your device (steps vary by device and the option is not available on all devices). Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or Medigraytion ready device, you should log out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information (including in some cases personal information) such as your watch history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in Your Account). This remains true even if you use our profiles feature.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or text message, simply access the email and text messages settings page in the “Your Account” section of our website and uncheck those items to unsubscribe. Alternatively, click the “unsubscribe” link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
You can opt in to receive mobile push notifications from Medigraytion. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off.
To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking and Internet advertising, see the Cookies and Internet Advertising section (below).
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You can most easily do this by visiting the “Your Account” portion of our website, where you have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your Medigraytion payment information, and various related information about your account (such as the content you have viewed and rated, and your reviews). You must be signed in to access “Your Account.” You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us using the details below:
For United States and other Non-EEA residents:
Attn: Customer Service
118 Main Street Suite 7, Watertown, MA 02472
For EEA residents:
Attn: Customer Service
118 Main Street Suite 7, Watertown, MA 02472
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the Medigraytion service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.