How It Works
How Medigraytions work is simple. Your mind and body already know how to do it, and together they do it every day.
The Science Behind It
Let’s just say hello to the pink elephant you think you see in the room, the one that says “no freakin’ way this works.”
Medigraytions are not new age craziness. Neuroplasticity, non-linear cell communication and interoception are science. Real science. Think white lab coats, goggles, and a bunch of messy-haired nerds with pocket protectors forgetting to eat and sleep.
Neuroplasticity allows the neurons (nerve cells) in the brain and body to compensate for disease and to adjust their activities in response to new situations or changes in their environment. Neuroplasticity can be observed from microscopic changes in individual neurons to larger scale changes. Behavior, environmental stimuli, chemicals, toxins, thought, and emotions cause neuroplastic modifications that have significant implications for healthy development, learning, memory, and recovery from disease.
Interoception works with receptors inside your organs, including your skin. These receptors send information about your body to your brain. This dialogue between brain and body helps regulate vital functions like heart rate, body temperature, hunger, thirst, and digestion. Interoception helps you understand and feel what’s going on inside your body. Interoception creates the mind-body conversation and neuroplasticity reacts and adjusts according to what the conversation dictates. Medigraytion pulls it all together, adding a higher intelligence and intentional consciousness to healing and good health.
- What Does Mindfulness Meditation Do to Your Brain?
- Mindfulness Can Literally Change Your Brain
- Delving within: The New Science of the Unconscious.
- Neuroplasticity and Clinical Practice: Building Brain Power for Health
- Neuroplasticity: How the Brain Can Heal Itself
- Mindfulness and meditation as an adjunctive treatment for adolescents involved in the juvenile justice system: Is repairing the brain and nervous system possible?